Often clients ask how to achieve longer lasting results to the application of Nail Varnish.
Here are my Top Tips on how to achieve the best results:-
- File your Nails to the desired shape.
- Gently push the cuticles back using a plastic hoof stick with a soft rubber edge.
- Buff away any rough edges using a finer buffer.
- Apply your Cuticle Oil & massage into cuticles. This helps promote circulation to the root of the nail and encourage nail growth.
- Wash your hands thoroughly using a hand wash, ensuring that nail dust & cuticle oil is completely washed away & dry your hands & nail plate completely dry. Any trace of oil will cause your nail varnish to lift immediately.
- Always use a base coat as prevents staining of the nail and is the perfect preparation to allow the nail varnish to fully adhere to the nail. I recommend Duri Rejuvacoat. It is a fabulous Nail Strengthner/hardener and base coat. Currently the Top Nail Hardener on the market.
- When applying, load the brush with enough polish to glide over the nail easily.
- Don’t go to close to the cuticle as flooding varnish into the cuticle will cause any polish to lift and chip away from the nail as soon as it dries.
- Make sure you seal the very edge of the Nail with the polish by sweeping the brush across the end of the Nail. This will reduce nail varnish shrinking from the tip of the nail and help to make the polish last longer
- Repeat these above step used for base coat, with two coats of your desired colour. Always ensure you seal the end of each nail.
- Always, always finish your polish with a good Top Coat. I recommend Seche Vite Top Coat. This will give your varnish a high gloss finish, giving it durability and protection from chipping.
All recommended products are available to buy at the Salon.