Lycon Hot Waxing
The elite Lycon system is currently the market leader for hot waxing in the beauty industry.
Our "So Berry" fragranced Lycon hot wax is used at a low temperature, so it is very comfortable on application. The Lycon wax shrink-wraps each the hair, it warms and relaxes the muscles around the hair follicle as it sets. This then makes the removal less painful and hair as short as 1mm is effectively removed leaving behind a soft smooth skin.
Should there be difficult or stubborn hair growth to remove; Lycon Hot Wax can be re-applied on the same area many times without the wax feeling too hot and without skin trauma or irritation, therefore is a fantastic system for sensitive skins and delicate areas.
The benefits of Lycon include fewer in-grown hairs, less breakage & longer re-growth periods.
Strip wax is recommended for the larger areas of the body such as legs, arms, back, chest and shoulders. A thin layer of pink crème wax is applied to the skin using our roller waxing system and is then removed using a paper strip.
How long should my hair be for waxing?
Our hot wax can grab hairs as short as 1mm in length. Our strip wax can remover hair as short as 2mm. Everyone has different growth cycle but we are generally able to wax areas that have been shaved 7-10 days earlier. However with larger parts of the body like arms/legs, we suggest leaving it 3 weeks before waxing it. Clients that have not wax or shaved for a long period of time need not worry as our therapists are very experienced and will trim the hair to a suitable length for waxing if necessary.
I’m pregnant but I want a bikini wax, what do you recommend?
Lycon waxing during pregnancy is very popular especially now that people know that our Lycon is less painful. Our therapists are trained to ensure that all parts of the body are waxed comfortably and safely. The Lycon Brazilian or Hollywood wax is a very popular treatment and can be done up to around one week or so before the due date.
What pre-wax care do I need to follow?
- Personal hygiene - Please bathe and or freshen up before your Brazilian, bikini or body wax treatment.
- Skip lotions and potions - Do not apply self tanning creams, body sprays, deodorants and other topical creams before your appointment.
- Let it grow out - If you have been shaving, allow a minimum of 2-3 weeks or ¼ inch of hair growth.
- Schedule your wax 2-3 days before beach and poolside jaunts if you plan to sun bathe.
- Avoid heat - No tanning beds, hot tubs and saunas before your appointment.
- Exfoliate - Exfoliating the area gently 24 hours before your appointment will remove the dead skin cells and allow for a cleaner wax.
- Keep Calm - Come early and sip a cup of tea to relax.
- Be comfy - Wear loose comfortable clothing to prevent irritation after waxing.
What after-care do I need to follow?
To keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat & friction during the next 24 hours. This means:
- No hot baths or showers (warm water only)
- No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments
- No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans)
- No sport, gym, work or other exercise.
- Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools
- Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions or other perfumed products to the area, other than those recommended by your therapist.
Please note: Some slight soreness, small bumps & redness are common & perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax.
These symptoms should subside over 24-48 hours. If you experience persistent redness or irritation, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What is the differences between the bikini waxes available at the salon?
Bikini – Hair is removed from the top and the sides of the bikini area.
Brazilian – Removes all of the hair from underneath and leaves only a strip, thumb print or small triangle of hair at the front. Hair is also completely removed from in between the buttocks.
Hollywood – Everything off!
Do I have to remove my underwear?
You will be required to remove your underwear for Bikini, Brazilian and Hollywood Lycon hot waxing. Disposable paper underwear is provided for Bikini, Brazilian & Hollwywood waxing using the roller strip wax system – or you can wear your own if you prefer.
Can I still have a bikini wax when I’m on my period?
Of course! However, you will need to wear a freshly changed tampon before treatment. You may also use our loo before hand to freshen up.
Does it hurt?
Every person has a different pain threshold and also experience waxing differently, however if you maintain your waxing regularly, most find it easier as the hairs become thinner, lighter and more sparse after a few treatments. If your pain threshold is particularly low, clients have often said that a couple of paracetamol tablets taken half an hour prior to treatment tends to take the edge off the pain.
How long will the waxed area be hair free?
You may notice a small amount of growth after a week or so. It can take up to four treatments for your hair to get into a growth cycle that gives best results. We recommend waxing every 4 weeks to maintain your smooth appearance.